Which, in Gaijin Gunpla jargon, translates to 'more masking'.
With silver-week beginning here it is time for me to get my act together and try to bring this thing to completion. I have spent the last several nights sitting at my desk until 1am putting tiny decals on to big pieces of armour. Nice results, though so I shouldn't complain. I would like to show ya, but the colour scheme is still classified.
I have started the masking of the black and gold pieces. This turned out to be not as difficult as I originally imagined but just as time consuming. I won't know until I spray the gold whether I did an adequate job or not.
When I get tired of trying to place little .5 mm by .5mm decal I take a break and work on the bazooka. Which means more masking!
And the best part of today's entry; Today my replacement parts came from Bandai!
I used my last 300 yen postal money order type note thingy and it was just enough to get the 3 pieces I needed and pay for the shipping. I am so glad they came today and not after the silver week vacation. With luck I may have the torso assembled within the next week.
I also got an extra set of the gold-foil stickers from the very gentlemanly American Salaryman.
I will attempt to use them as a mask for painting the shield. If it works out, touch-up should be minimal. More on that later.