Today (monday) was umi no hi, or ocean day, here in Japan which means everyone had the day off. I used my free time to do some painting, and repainting, and masking, and painting... etc.
Let's see what we have, shall we?
First a torso. I haven't done anything with the black pieces yet so everything is assembled up until that point. I haven't included the pilot figure because I don't want a blotch of red inside the mecha and I don't have what it takes to paint the little guy. I also want to keep the cockpit space free in case I decide to put a battery in there for an LED eye.
Here is the skirt. It will just sit here for awhile until I am ready to put on armour.
Here's the arm. I want to make the moving mechanical parts stick out so they have been painted a gloss aluminum colour.
The foot. You can see the ankle part is also gloss aluminum.
And here's the leg. You can see some more moving, gloss aluminum pieces. I ran into a bit of a problem when assembling the legs.
Due to the tightness of the fit of this kit, and the layer of paint that was added, some paint came off while I was trying to assemble it. This part of the frame will be visible as it isn't covered by armour. So I am going to paint it again.
Which means I mask off the gloss aluminum parts.
Here is some more mini-masking prior to painting a different colour.
So far so good.. although I think I am going to run out of paint before I finish the whole frame.