Having a couple of days to think about my mistake with the frosty flat top-coat, I decided that I would correct the problem properly and repaint the pieces rather than hand-paint over some spots. So I got out the 400 grit sandpaper and sanded away at those pieces that frosted over.
Then once that was through I masked and repainted just like I did at the beginning. It took 3 coats of paint to almost eradicate my mishap, but it turned out alright.
I waited for a gorgeous morning and then sprayed the flat coat again. HOWEVER, the some of the blue pieces frosted slightly AGAIN! The frosting wasn't enough to make me sand and paint again so I tried to remove the worst parts with my knife.
Now to work on the hands and I am finished!