I received a couple of questions about how I modded the thigh armour to look more like yoroi (鎧). Well, allow me to explain.
Here's my Evergreen Styrene which measures 0.25 mm thick by 4.8 mm wide. Due to its thickness, or thinness, in this case, it bends easily without creasing allowing it to be placed over curves. It also sticks almost instantly once glue is applied meaning I could put the piece on, come back a few minutes later and trim the excess away.
I also used it for adding detail to the shoulder armour.
Glue. Then trim.
I also added it to the top of the lower leg armour to cover up the hollow that was visible.
Glue. Then trim.
I also added extra plastic to the center block of the skirt armour. This was 0.5 mm thick.
Say it with me. Glue. Then trim. (then sand).
I have also worked more on removing some of the seam lines as this kit has quite a few of them. For those who don't have the kit in their hands this piece has a visible seam line on the very top. However, I failed to notice that I am supposed to insert a length of the mesh pipe before assembling. Oops.
I have also finished removing the gold plating from all those pieces. That took a lot of time, some paint thinner, and sanding. I went through at least a sheet of my 400 sandpaper.
I then decided to reassemble it, a test-build 2.0 if you will, to see where I was at before deciding on what to do next.
The results so far are more than satisfactory.
Some things I noted that I (may) want to fix:
1) The head seems too high on the neck. I have a plan for the helmet but may also have shorten the neck or make some kind of collar as well.
2) The seam lines from the were-gold pieces on the feet are visible and asymetrical. I will have to glue them together and take out the seam line before painting.
3) On the outer part of the lower leg, the was-gold piece has what looks to be a cylinder and I can't figure out what it is there for besides looks. I may cut down that piece and reshape it.
4) The feet. If this was a suit of armour the wearer would have geta (下他？）on his feet. Basically a split toed look. I am considering using putty to fill in one of the hollows on the end of the foot.
I am still in the process of narrowing down my colors for this kit. I think it may have 5 colours when all is said and done. Yikes! I have to write this stuff down before I forget.